Effective May 1, 2010
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. twitHut.com collects information our users submit to us such as their name and e-mail address to allow us to identify users and notify them of changes or updates to our service. twitHut.com also collects information from users that is unique, but cannot be linked to a specific individual, such as IP address and browser type. A user's session will be tracked, but each user will remain anonymous. We gather this information for systems administration purposes and to track user trends. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
2. COOKIES. Like many other Web sites, twitHut.com uses a standard technology called "cookies." Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive and not at our server site. They can help make the Internet experience quicker and more convenient via internet browser. Like most of other websites, our free and premium service requires you to turn on cookies, to enable our services function properly and apart from them, cookies are used to help us understand how members use twitHut.com, which allows us to improve upon the service. Members who disable cookies will not be able to use fully functional service from twitHut.com.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. twitHut.com uses personal information to create a secure and personalized service for our members.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will not sell, lease or exchange your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your express consent, unless required by law or to protect your membership.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES. The twitHut.com site may contain links to other Web sites. Please be aware that twitHut.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites our users choose to visit. If our users provide any information directly to parties other than twitHut.com, different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of the personal information disclosed. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your personal information to third parties.
6. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS. twitHut.com may choose to deploy advertising on the service that is delivered to users through a third party's advertising server. Information about users' visits to twitHut.com, such as number of times they have viewed an ad (but no personally identifiable information), would be used to serve ads to users on this site.
7. CHAT ROOMS, MESSAGE BOARDS, AND PUBLIC FORUMS. Please be aware that whenever members voluntarily disclose personal information online - e.g., message boards, chat areas, file uploads, events, and listings - that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. By posting personal information online in public forums, members may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
8. PRIVACY PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly provide access to twitHut.com to persons under the age of thirteen (13). If twitHut.com later learns that any member is under the age of thirteen (13), we will take appropriate steps to remove the member's information from the database and we will restrict this individual from future access to the twitHut.com service.
9. UPDATING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION. Users who leave the service may choose to have their personal information deleted by contacting our support team.
11. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES. If twitHut.com changes its policy and seeks to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, you will be notified via e-mail. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a notice on our Web site notifying users of the change.